Supplies

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by kbcjlc, Aug 7, 2002.

1. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

I have compare the rain bird parts price at lowes and Sprinklerwarehouse. (http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com) and Lowes is much cheaper than Sprinklerwarehouse... Anywhere else that are cheaper than lowes.. Talking about Rain Bird products.

Keith

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

The reason why they are cheaper is because they aren't professional grade products. They are made for home owner use.

3. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info... I notice on box it said for example...15 to 25' spacing... What is spacing means?

Keith

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Space them every 15-25 feet pending on your pressure and GPM.

5. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

I am thinking about order rain bird rotors for my med/larg/ turf....Is Rain Bird T-Bird Rotor a good one? I see alot of different types and I am looking for a good quality and that can do adjust from less to more feets, and less to full 360 degree....

Keith

6. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

I like Toro rotors too.. I notice most conttractors use toro instead of rain bird.

Keith

7. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I have never used T-birds, but a friend of mine has installed a lot of them. He tells me they are not very good, and will never use them again. He hates their coverage. He is a dyed in the wool Rainbird fan, using ONLY Rainbird parts.

8. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I either install Hunter PGP's I-20's Or Rainbird 5000's. Sprays are always 1800 series.

9. Lowes does carry pro grade fixed spray heads and their maxi-paw mid grade impact. As far as rotors, haven't paid attention. Another thing that lowes does not carry and you can only buy from an irrigation house is the specialized nozzles such as the "U" series nozzles, various spread mpr nozzles (5'8'10'12')

If you want to buy only pro grade parts from rainbird. Check out an irrigations supply house that is big in the west. Ewing. You can set up an account with them.

I will say they do promote hunter and Toro more, but they do carry RainBird also.

John

10. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

We use a lot of t-bird heads. have had very few problems with them, the trick is to get the right nozzel for the job. they are easy to adjust and you dont need any tools. If you need to throw 360 degrees they make a full circle head. Like them so much i installed them in my lawn.
    Dennis