1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Supply Yard Pics

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by Gene $immons, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello! Would any of you be willing to show some pics of your supply yards? I am expanding my operation to a larger piece of land, and have been considering opening a supply yard.

I was also wondering if this opens up a whole new set of rules regarding the sales tax reporting off of what you are selling.

2. sunnysunrise

sunnysunrise LawnSite Member
    from pa

You can check out my web site at www.mulchormoreinc.com There are picture of my yard there.
    Let me know what you think:rolleyes:
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I like it, the intro to the site was very neat and unique, ide shop there!! Good job

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

nice page u have there
  5. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice!
  6. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

here is a pic of my sand/salt and salt pile. I plan to have mulch, loam and stone next year setup in the same type bins.

7. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

another look. never got the sand/salt full bin done yet. but it is coming

8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks veeerrrryyyyy familiar...;)
  9. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

Hi -

If you go to the Soundview link in my signature, there are plenty of pictures throughout the website. If you go to the Company Info section, and click on pictures (on the right side) there are some more. The pictures show the yard, nursery, bins, piles, and some equipment. The pictures are a couple of years old, but they are ok. A couple show how we have set up the yard, and can have 4 trailers offload mulch at one time. This is pretty useful, especially in the Spring. That layout, with a lot of space near the main bins can allow 1/2 dozen contractors to line up at one time without being in the way of each other. We also made the building drive through for loading hardgoods, but we found that it is easier to have guys back into whichever bay holds the product.
  10. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you pay for the bin blocks and approx how much do they weigh?