1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Suppose you win the lottery...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Jan 3, 2004.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

My bored young mind just came up with a random thought. Suppose you won at least a million in the lottery, and had all of the money to spend it on anything you want that would be considered a business expense. What would you get?
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

10 rental houses
  3. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I would sell my lawn accounts and start a more profitable business....perhaps building houses. Of course I would pay off the lazer and keep it :)
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Only a mil? Wouldn't spend it.Retirement account. A mil don't go too far these days.
  5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Ditto dvmcmrhp52
    A mil don't go too far these days. I think that is a realization that comes to lite at around age 40 LOL

6. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Pay off My College loans and invest the rest
  7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

play the stock market and go on with my life untill the kids are out of the house. Then Who hooooooo.
  8. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

One million would buy you almost one house here....:laugh:
  9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Id go from small lco to big one rely quick
  10. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I think of this alot

A: Get top of the line Excavating equiptment and start excavating. I would love to do it expecally if I had really good equiptment.

B: Put a down payment on a nice golf course. 1 mill isn't enough to pay it off but with that much down it without any stress it wouldn't be to hard to get it going.

C: Finish college, invest in really nice landscaping equiptment, Trucks, plows maybe a small excavator and a power box.

The golf course is my favorit, my life long goal is to own a golf course.