supposed to be 26 degrees tonight...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Up North, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

It 35 out right now and supposed to hit a record low in northern MN tonight of around 26 degrees... ;)

May have to delay my morning schedule.

Buck

2. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

low 24 here tonite, best get everything finished up for the season, then get ready for some snow.

3. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Cooler today here, too. High was 91. Low 72. Cold front moving through now with showers.

Big chill forecast for next week. Highs only only in mid 80's, lows dropping into the upper 50's. Brrrrrrr!

Gonna be another brutal winter here in TX. I can feel it in my bones.

That happens when you get older.

4. RichmondR

RichmondR LawnSite Member

They were forecasting a freeze last night in the Twin Cities, but it looks like my wife's annuals are still alive this morning, and we live in a northern suburb. The freeze will come soon enough, although September was unusually warn in our area.

I can wait -- gives me more time to get used to driving my Toro Z-453 (my first ZTR).

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

RichmondR -

Where in the northern suburb?

I work around Forest Lake.

Mowed 4 schools for Chisago Lakes today, was about 33 out when I started at 7 this morning.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

It's Saturday night at 6:40........... TEMP 52....... Time for snow and Ice :)

7. RichmondR

RichmondR LawnSite Member

We are in the Shoreview area. Looks like its going to be warmer tonight. I cut my lawn on Thursday -- keeping it short because we're uphill from our neighbors and if I play my cards right, all the leaves from our oak trees blow into our neighbors yard. :rolleyes:

Anything left, well the Atomic (gator type) blades together with the mulching kit make easy work of them -- haven't bagged a leaf in years.

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Richmond -

Exact reason I have large open commercial properties to maintain with few trees. :)