Surcharges

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Mar 4, 2005.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I think I'll start adding sur-charges to my bills after my new customers sign up and commit to a six cut minimum.

I just read the fine print on the back of my "welcome" letter with Verizon Wireless.

The monthly Federal Universal Service Charge (varies quarterly) is 2.31% per line as of January 1, 2005. The monthly Regulatory Charge (subject to change from time to time) is 5 cents per line and helps defray the costs of complying with regulatory mandates. These Charges are our charges, not taxes. Taxes, surcharges and other fees, such as E911 and gross receipt charges, can add between 7% and 26% to your monthly bill, and are added to your monthly access fees and airtime charges.

"Mam, that will be $16 to mow your lawn." Then, I'll send them a welcome letter with fine print that states:

Sales tax is 8% as of January 1, 2005. The monthly regulatory compliance surcharge is our charge, not a tax, and helps defray the costs of complying with federal, state and local mandates. Taxes and surcharges can add anywhere from 7 to 26% to your monthly bill.

Think it'll fly with residential homeowners????

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Don't forget your monthly 4% surcharge for "PITA Protection Insurance"

If you need more surcharges I'm sure bobby can steer you in the right direction... :cool2: