Sure is quick now!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, Aug 12, 2000.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Moving the site was worth the 2 hour downtime. It sure is quick now. :)

2. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

For some people it may have been longer (I personnally experienced a 5 hours downtime while other people may still have their router directing them to the old server), but I agree it seems much better now... According to PHP.net, PHP4/Zend is 10x faster than PHP3 ;-)

I'd like to see what it will look like with 30 members logged in and 30 guesses!

Pierre-Luc Soucy
    Forum merger responsible

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, This is unreal!! Everything turned out great, compare this to a month or so ago with the old format and server!! WOW!!

Great Job Pierre!!! Pierre, would you e-mail me when you get a chance, I know someone who would like to use your services. Thanks! Guido1@surf1.de

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

It's blindingly fast!!

5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

UH OH, hey pierre, chuck or eric...........

2 questions, how come when I type It's or We'll, etc (anything with an apostrophe) is puts in a backslash?? I noticed this in Bob's post too.

And #2, how come the hyperlink in my sig doesn't work anymore?? It used to be fine?? It just happened when we changed servers???

Thanks Guys!!

6. LSAdmin

Hi,

for the apostrophes, that's a problem when saving data in the database, I guess... I'll go into it more deeply soon.

About your sig, I'll check.

Pierre-Luc

7. LSAdmin

Hi,

just solved the problem for when posting a message... If you have any other problems, please specify them so I can solve them...

Pierre-Luc

Note : I'll manually arrange the messages that already have backslashes before apostrophes later tonight.

8. Still a problem with the hyperlinks in our sigs. Have Fun! :) Thanks for all the effort. :D
    John

9. LSAdmin

Finally arranged the backslashes problem. The fact is that PHP4 (we were on PHP3 before) has some auto-addslashes functions when adding data to a database so slashes were added twice...

I also set signatures to accept HTML code.

Anything else to arrange?

Regards,

Pierre-Luc

10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I don't get the regular page of all the forums now. It takes me to a log on page and I have to log on all the time when I come to Lawnsite. What happened to the old way? Is this another bug to fix?