1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sure-trac trailer owners

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedSox4Life, Sep 26, 2013.

1. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Has anyone in the recent past bought a sure trac trailer and had any problems with crooked axles, tongues, or anything else that would lead to premature tire wear? I'd very much appreciate to hear your story.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Rare occurence during assembly as they use jigs to hold everything. More likely was when the driver stacked them and got overzealous with chains, binders and a long pipe distorting everything. If its new I would take it back. If not a body shop with a frame machine can get it straight for you. Slight adjustments can be made by measuring and sliding the axles on the leaves. Assuming you don't have torsion axles.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Gold Leaf Lawnscapes

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes LawnSite Member

I bought mine 7 years ago and just put New tires on for the first time. It has been such a good trailer that 2 years ago I bought a 27' gooseneck from them. As mentioned, it could be that 1 that the jig moved on during construction.
    Posted via Mobile Device