sureguard+roundup=dead creeping dayflower?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Yup that's it...i hate it along with Virginia creeper and artillery fern. Dollarweed that makes its way into beds is another loathed weed.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

The sulfatrazone in surge is the key. I looked around for the chemical specifically, but it was going to cost an arm and a leg.

I confirmed this with my chem supplier, who is also an applicator in the area. I originally was the one that brought this weed to their attention, and they are the better, "large" application service in the area.

We did the research and came to the conclusion that surge was the best bet. But, like any other 3-4 way lawn chemical, you must watch out for desired plants in the landscape.

We use a pump sprayer with a drift cone on the end. This way we can use it at high pressure, and a small droplet spectrum to get the most bang per shot. This also helps to minimize drift and over-application around wanted plants.

3. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

This is the one I have. Hard to kill with glyphosate.

starr-050107-2917.jpg

4. Actually this is the one i have...its hard to tell the difference but your pic is pretty clear and its the same one we have here. I absolutely hate it.

5. greendoctor

Dismiss is now sold in 6 oz bottles. Price is reasonable for how much area it covers. Surge is like Trimec + sulfentrazone. Great for unplanted/non crop areas. The Trimec will damage ornamentals if someone is not careful. I would feel safer with straight 2,4-D amine around plants. That does not go as deep in the soil as dicamba.

6. White Gardens

Point being, The sulfatrazone is the chem known to kill Asiatic dayflower.

Regardless of what you product you use, that chem needs to be in it.

7. greendoctor

Then save the RoundUp. The alternative herbicides will produce better results.

8. greendoctor

Agreed. I take advantage of the broad spectrum preemergent qualities of sulfentrazone.

9. White Gardens

That photo is also what we have. The first pic I posted is what I usually see of a very mature plant.

The second photo reminds me more of the earlier stages of the plant. Basically about half way through the life cycle.

10. Wow that worked great. Did sureguard only and it fried the artillery in 2 days and is knocking out the dayflower...
    Posted via Mobile Device