1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Surface Washer attachments

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by SiteSolutions, Sep 3, 2008.

1. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Who makes a good-un?

I have seen a 12" Nylon-body for around $200, and a 12" stainless for around $500...

First real PW job; I've got 16,000 sq ft to do and maybe a few jobs a year of a decent size down the road, especially if I don't screw this one up too bad.

So, what I really want to know is... Will the nylon unit hold up or will I regret it by the end of the first job?

2. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member

What is the flow of your machine? Whisperwash makes great Surfacers.

The classic is a 19 inch good for 4-6gpm machines.

Check here..... http://www.pressuretek.com

3. SiteSolutions

Right now I am running a 5hp, 2.5 gpm / 2600 psi machine.

If I get more business in this line I will consider moving up to a real industrial pressure washer, but 1200 bucks is a lot of loot right now so I need to make the most of what i have for the immediate future.

4. CCPC

CCPC LawnSite Member

Your machine does not have sufficient GPM's to run a surface cleaner.

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

nope,you don't have enough pw to run a surface cleaner,upgrade to a big hot water machine and get a stainless steel surface cleaner they will out last you,get the whirl away......

6. SiteSolutions

I'll PM you my address and you ship me one of each... I'll send money when I've got a few jobs done.

Seriously, tho, I am going to rent a whirl away for a couple days, because it is cheaper than buying anything. My big question was whether the cheap-o plastic surface washers would last for more than a few hundred sq ft. but I think I have decided to get a steel unit with casters, and if I make enough doing pressure washing, I would love to upgrade eventually.

btw, would anyone care to comment on the stuff sold by Northern Tool & Equipment? They have whole trailers with everything for like ten grand... which if i had ten grand, I wouldn't need to take on side jobs like pressure washing.:rolleyes:

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Itz like this the bigger hot water machine will get the job done,i know you are trying start off with a small machine,itz not easy to drop a chunk of cash,but hot water and chems is what you will need,now back to the post i have seen small 12 inch surface cleaners,i don't no if you have enough machine,might try to rent one.......

8. CCPC

CCPC LawnSite Member

Your machine is not adequate for running a surface cleaner. :hammerhead:

9. SiteSolutions

I appreciate all the replies.

I'll report back if any of you were right.

10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

:laugh:
    :laugh: They are right. Your machine will not run a surface cleaner. IDK about a 12" though. But I cold probably go that fast with just a wand!