Surflan

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by P&C Lawn Care, Aug 27, 2006.

1. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using Surflan pre-emergent but over the past few years the price has skyrocketed. I am looking for something to replace it, an off name Surfllan or a place to buy it on the internet (that is cheaper). Same thing with Round-up. I will check with my chemical supplier this week and get some prices to compare.

2. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

I have found a couple of places locally here in New Orleans. What size and price have you been purchasing?

3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

If you have a tractor supply around they have a product called Clearout that is Glyphosate and surfactant for about $55/2.5 gallon.

I don't know what to tell you about Surflan. I always use Snapshot or Gallery with some Barricade if I feel like it. None are resembling cheap though, but would likely cover more weeds.

4. MHODGES

MHODGES LawnSite Member

the generic product for surflan is oryzalin 4 pro made by vegetation manager you should be able to find it somewhere in the $ 70.00 range

5. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Oryzalin for the Surflan or Lesco's Prosecutor for glyphosate.

6. Let-it-mow!

Let-it-mow! LawnSite Member

7. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

monsanto makes its own knockoff of its own roundup. I think its hondo or something. Supposed to be in the 50 dollar range but i havent tried it only heard the railroads switched to it and say it works well.

8. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Monanto's knock off is Honcho. Works great.

9. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Generic Surflan's price has dropped like a rock as any off-patent item usually does. Shop reputable ag-chemical suppliers & you should find this to be the case.

10. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Tremor

It is great seeing posting again, I hope you continue. You are truely a wealth of knowledge and an asset to all who read your posts on this forum!