1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Surge growth to Dust bowl in 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, May 24, 2002.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't believe the turnaround in 2 weeks!!! 2 weeks ago I was plowing through thick, lush green grass. Today I had 5 accounts that I skipped. I guess 2 weeks of no rain and 4 straight nights of hard frosts will do this. At least now I can get some of my side work done. Think Rain!!!!!

2. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Got home yesterday afternoon and just as I got out of the truck the "hurricane hunter" plane went over our house. Told the wife about it and she logged on to our weather page to investigate.
    Seems there is a disturbance down near Cuba that they will be going out to check on today.
    IMO I think it's getting close to normal weather again,i.e.-rain everyday.
    It always goes from one extreme to the other though!
    Feast or famine!
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

same here in stanley.strange in a way.
    dry but a little rain here an there ,no super hot days to scorch and yet every lawn in the area is going dormant .
    ill piddle next wk for sure.
    starting to look at alternative means.
    guess thats what u deal with in this buisiness.take the bad w the good.
  4. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

We havent had rain since that start of rain. Ive sucked down more dust than i can rember.
  5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Same here...

Growth has slowed tremendously. Lawns are looking almost like it's mid-summer. :confused: