1. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Went to bed at midnight, not snowing, no snow in the forecast. Ground was dry, so no need to salt.

Took the dog out at 4:30 AM, and lo and behold, a new dusting on the ground...... got up, drove up "on the hill" (where the lake effect starts to kick in) to find 3" new fluffy snow. Had 15 guys out working by 6 AM and plowed until 11 AM. Just the restaurants and gas stations. Salted everything. Not a lot of salt needed. Just a nice little (profitable) snowfall, unexpected.

We have snow stacking work booked for tonight and Sunday night. This means we will have plowed, salted, hauled, or stacked snow every day for the past 13 days.

Such is life in lake effect land.

GOOD LUCK to those of you on the east coast that are expecting snow..... hope you get it.

[Edited by John Allin on 12-02-2000 at 04:26 PM]

2. Snow Pro

Snow Pro LawnSite Member

Are you tired yet? I bet you'll feel better after those checks start rolling in.

3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Okay... now I understand. YOU'RE TAKING ALL MY SNOW!!! They've predicted snow just about every other day, but nothing is sticking, or it just doesn't happen. This has GOT to stop!

-Tim

4. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I can understand how you feel....

But....

I'M NOT GIVING IT BACK !!!!!!!

5. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

FINE... Be that way.

-Tim