Surprised at how many lco's worked today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by michigangrass, May 12, 2003.

1. michigangrass

michigangrass LawnSite Member

While driving today even my wife commented on how many lco's we saw working...mulching...cutting...you name it.

Started me to thinking..."am I slacking?"...but Mothers Day, Sunday afternoon...where do we draw the line?

I know we all bust our butts to provide a better living for our families, but if your not there to enjoy them, whats the purpose?

How many of you worked today?

2. johndeere455

johndeere455 LawnSite Member

I mowed a couple yards on mothers day, I did'nt want to but we had rain every day for 6 to 7 days straight and that got me behind
    so there was a break in the weather for a couple hours so out I went to mow.

The Wright-Way Lawn and Landscape

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I did 3 commercial props by myself. Had really nothing else to do and my mom passed away 13 years ago. So I worked for a while.

4. William Camp

William Camp LawnSite Member

Did'nt work on mothers day but work on sunday if i have to.

Fourstar Lawnscaping

Mow hard live long

5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I didnt work this Sunday, but if behind because of rain then yes.

Although I really hate to work on weekends, because every scrub and want to be part timer is out there and I hate to be seen out with that bunch...... ;)

But yes, I will work weekends when needed, and on special Sundays or other times to catch up and take care of my customers.

6. fox

fox LawnSite Member
    from MN

i never work on sundays, we all need some time for ourselves and family. if your burnt out your work will show it. the most important piece of equipment you own is yourself.

7. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

I only mowed my grandmother's.

8. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

This year i'm trying to take every weekend off(weather permitting).

Family is very important and as others have said you need to spend time with them too...

I'm starting to think whats the point in working all the hours i do if i never see them (the kids) they will only be small once and if you miss out on things you'll never get the chance to make it up to them.

Dan

9. michigangrass

michigangrass LawnSite Member

I have my first thats now at 8 months...things happen so quickly now that it kills me when my wife tells me "guess what he did today" and I missed it.

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I am behind due to the rain but Sunday is not a day for work. Sunday is a day for family and other commitments. The most work I will do on a Sunday is some work if a piece of equipment is broken. You have to spend some time with the wife and the little ones.

Gravely_Man