survey - asking customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Aug 18, 2005.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I am not on every yard everyday or every week. Some of our customers i have never met, others I don't even know where they live.

I am thinking of sending our a survey form in our next billing to see what our customers like, dislike, things I could add on as more services, things that are not meeting there demands, timelyness etc.

Any of you guys do this b/f? And if so, could you email me a copy of what you may of used or said?

Our business consist of lawn care, spray/fert programs, maintaince, landscape, snow removal. This way you have a feel of what were doing.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i put a little thing like that on the bottom of the bills so its always being updated. Simple quality control too, keeps them happy.

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I thank you for the one post I received on this issue. Since everyone on here seems to be "legit" I can't beleive I did not have any more replies??

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I send out a survey at the end of the year to all customers. Have been doing this for a while now and it helps with customer feedback and just making sure they are happy. Most people actually fill them out and turn them back in to me.

5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I've read alot about guys that do the same but I've never tried it because I know each property I service but I may try something like that in the future.

Rob

6. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I am sending out a "report card" at the end of this season though I wonder if I shoul ddo it mide season as well. Anyway, I also try to see every customer at least once during the season just do they can put a ace on what they're paying for an also to get feedback. Funny, sometimes you really have to pry it out of them but once they tell you stuff, they look like they feel better about everything.

Sorry for the long winded answer.

7. mcwlandscaping

Highgrass, just an idea, but if you did it now and someone had a slight complaint, then you can fix that problem now while still in the mowing season, then when you send one out at the end of the year, that customer will most likely be happy that you got feedback and fixed the problem. Just my idea of how i would deal with this. This is a long one so i hope i worded everything right! I hope this helps!

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

o boy, now you are going to ask "your bosses" if you are doing a good enough job? :rolleyes:

9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I was just thinking of doing that for next season, just a little letter once or twice a years just to see if we are doing what they expected.
    There is always room for improvement.

10. mcwlandscaping

Those Bosses are your income. I'de want to make dam sure that they are happy or at least satisfied with the work that they recieve. WIthout them, there is no money. That it just my opinion but i think that others might agree. No offense intended here.