survey on bid acceptance time from customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rider1000, Apr 14, 2001.

1. rider1000

rider1000 LawnSite Member

Just curious how long it takes most of you to get answers on bids back from your residential customers. We've had some that are taking up to 3 weeks to get an answer and some are getting back to us in 1-2 days. Is this pretty typical of most of your residential customers?

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If the person is home, usually its then. If we leave an estimate they usually call back within 1 day. I don't think I've ever had a residential that went longer than a few days.

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on what time of year it is and how soon the people want the work done. I've had peopel tell me on the spot and some 3 weeks later.

4. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

Same here.... longest was over a month later.

5. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

I have had from 24 hours to a month.

Something I started doing is adding to the proposal a "price good through" date. That tends to get faster responses and allows me to compensate for seasonal price changes if I need to.

Mark

6. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Chopper Lover... I always put in a "good through" date. I just think it makes sense.

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

most of mine are within a few days to a week. I have had customers keep flyers i have thrown for over 2 years though.

8. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

I have a good thru date on all my proposals and some still take a long time. I usually like to do a follow up 14 days later if I get no response.

9. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I offered a 10% discount on the first month if the contracts were returned in 2 weeks. That was in February so I could know if I needed to add cust. Some were 2 days...some were 6 weeks.

jeffyr

10. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

On my landscape estimates I always but in it that the price is vailid for 30 days