1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

suspension seat for walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassman65, Nov 28, 2007.

1. grassman65

grassman65 LawnSite Member

I am looking for a suspension seat for my walker mower. Went to dealer and was quoted $1087.50 for a new seat. This is well out of my range and stupid.
    What does everyone else use to replace the stock seat?
  2. pconley

pconley LawnSite Member
    from ME

Try a comfort seat. Should be around $400.00, Much nicer than standard.
  3. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Buy some steel and weld a seat up yourself. lol, im kidding.....but if I had to spend 1,000 on a seat I might not be!
  4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Try Arki-Tec on line, ask for Rodney Johns
    he sells a seat similiar to the comfort seat for $300 with arm rests. Ed
  5. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you were quoted for one of those Grammer seats that come standard on the MD? From what I have heard, there is a company called Wyse that offers a bang-for-the-buck suspension seat. Saw one at the Walker dealer here one time.
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

When I bought mine in 2000 I got the comfort seat option which isn't a suspension seat but it has thicker padding. It has held up nicely in 7 years. No rips and still is comfortable. Its gray so it is slightly cooler to sit on instead of the heat absorbing black stock seat they make. I paid $182.00 extra for it in 2K. The part number is 6103-5. You can get optional armrests also (P/N 6103-15) I just checked my dealers parts inventory and he has this exact seat for $333.03.
    The suspension seat is 6103-10 and the dealer has it priced at $646.18. I never sat on Walkers version but it is still alot of change for a seat.
    I have a suspension seat on a Toro Z. It is nice I will admit but I would never pay a grand for one. I bought the Z from a friend and he had the seat installed. Happy mowing, or should I say snowblowing.
  7. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I actually just bought a new 31 hp walker (brought it home yesterday) and it came with the suspension seat. I must say it is very nice! But I don't think there is any way I would pay over a thousand dollars for one. When I was looking at the 26hp he quoted the suspension seat as an add-on and it was around $562.00