Suspension Seat-Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Mar 11, 2006.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking into getting a suspension seat or maybe just the suspension this year before mowing season starts my question is....Could i get by with just the supension part becouse i believe you can get those for around 200 or would it be better to get a suspension seat and the suspension part ANY HELP IS WANTED!:) Also does anyone know off the top of there head ABOUT how much a suspension seat and the suspension part would cost

PLEASE HELP:)

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i think the seat is about $500 . imo i wouldnt waste my money the suspension get the seat instead . the seats make a big difference.

3. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

My super Z has the suspension seat which is real nice but I'm also thinking about getting the front suspension ?

Anyone tried the front suspension ? :usflag:

4. Husqman

Husqman LawnSite Member

I just put a set of flex forks on my super z yesterday and they do help the ride a bunch. Don't know how well the mower will mow with them on only time will tell.

5. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

"Don't know how well the mower will mow" What do you mean by that ?

Surely it doesn't pop up / down like a car with bad shocks, does it ?

How about it sales Rep ??

6. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

Husqman,

How big of a job is it to change to the flex forks ?

7. mike micklich

mike micklich LawnSite Member

husqman how do you like the 4m trimmer? I was thinking of getting one!

8. mike micklich

mike micklich LawnSite Member

lesco is selling a suspension plate you bolt in seemed like 2-3 inches of travel for 150 ish

9. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

I just picked my new Z-Master up yesterday. I got the Deluxe Suspension seat and man I am impressed with the way it supports me. I am a big guy too (250lbs). I just noticed the other guys talking about "Flex Forks", I think I will look into those too.

10. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Where are you getting your seats from. I wouldn't mind paying a higher price for a good seat but I havn't seen one I like yet. The stock seat is about $375.