Suspension seat (I am much more content)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, May 7, 2008.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I just installed a full Suspension seat on my Lazer. I have been using the add on suspension on my last two Lazers. My dealer sold me one for $500 even. Now I have had the full suspension seat (Michigan) on the Super Z and the Turf Tiger so I am used to them. But I was surprised how much I liked it on the Lazer. Not only is the ride better but this seat simply cradles you better and sit's a a lower more comfortable riding position. The seat just makes the Lazer much more comfortable and I notice I'm running faster just naturally because of it. It still doesn't ride as well as the Super Z with flex forks but a great improvement. I am much more content with the Lazer now so I feel it was a worthy investment. Just thought I would share my thoughts in case some of you were contemplating getting a new ZTR or just upgrade the seat. I won't have another one with out it.

2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I hear ya Tacoma. I don't know how I ever did it without them. I remember running skidloaders without them and the thought of it makes my back hurt. The older I get the more I realize it is always worth the extra $ for any suspension upgrades.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

My boys got me that high end seat with our new Scag and it is nice....I think a 61" rides a little smoother than 48" but I think I am going to see if I can get them to put one on the 48". Extended my mowing life for a few more years. And sometimes I support myself partially on the hand rests on the new seats and it is a pretty nice ride. One of these seats on a floating Ferris ought to rider real nice.