suspension seat kit for TANK...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by djflats, Sep 10, 2008.

1. djflats

djflats LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone on here have a suspension kit for the seat of their Cub Cadet TANK? I'm suppose to have one put on tomorrow. I have a 2004 TANK M48 and the ride can be pretty rough at times. How well does the kit help? I'm hoping for at least a little improvement. Another thing, does the kit add height to the seat and if so how much? I sure wish they made some flex forks for the Tank. It's built like a tank but at times it rides like one too. Thanks.

2. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Pull the two pins on the front axle and the mower will have a more flexible ride.

Nosmo

3. djflats

They're pulled but thanks. The moles have taken over the last couple years.

4. Nosmo

Yeah those gopher hills and mole trails make for rough riding. They are bad again this year in one part of the yard out in back.

How much air are you running in the front and in the back tires ?

Nosmo

5. djflats

They're at their limit, 10 pounds I think. I need to take some out. Maybe go to 8?

6. JKUCSMA

JKUCSMA LawnSite Member
    Male, from OHIO

I put the kit on my m48,it raise the seat 11/2 to 2 inches,still a bit bumpy,but no bottoming out on seat.I think you like it.

7. Nosmo

You can experiment with those tire pressures. I am running 10 in the rear and 12 in the front. I did try 8 in all four one time but it seemed too wishy washy .

JKUCSMA: Where did you purchase your suspension seat kit and what was the price ?

Nosmo

8. djflats

I got it from a local dealer. He's charging $200 installed.

9. JKUCSMA

JKUCSMA LawnSite Member
    Male, from OHIO

I have 23 in front tires,10 in rears,got the seat from Hauters in Ohio,200.00.

10. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

any one have the new tank ? what do you think ?