1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Suspension seat on a MFT?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by fishinpa, May 30, 2006.

1. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I was wondering if anyone has put a suspension seat on a MFT, and if so which PN did you use?

I have the Flex forks on order (since February) and wonder if a suspension seat would not be a better solution for me.

I got to thinking about the flex-forks and wonder if I'm going to have a problem when I get them on. I have a few swails running diagonally in different places on my property and when I mow over it (other than directly in-line with it) I find the mower floating one front tire for a few brief seconds at each crossing. I travel over the swails as slow as possible to get as even a cut s possible. I'm thinking that with one tire in the air, this is going to add extra weight to the other side and cause the one fork to "flex", lowering the deck and possibly causing scalping where I had not scalped before.

And thoughts or real-world experiences to share with me? I could really use some feed-back on this.

Being that I have not received these forks yet, now would be the time to change my order.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am sure its been done, but we can not recommend installing a suspension seat on the Mini FasTrak, due to safety reasons.

3. wushaw

wushaw LawnSite Member

How could a suspension seat effect the saftey of the mower?
  4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

All of our mowers are tested to ANSI and CPSC testing standards relative to the market they are sold for, consumer and commercial.
    The stability tests we perform are done with the std seat for the mower, as in the seat it comes with.
    When changing to a suspension seat it increases the seat height, this may or may not cause a change to the stability of the unit on a slope / hill.
    We do not test the MFT with a suspension seat, so I can not recommend one for this application.