1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Suspension Seat parts broke

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by GrassBustersLawn, Oct 14, 2007.

1. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have the "optional" suspension seat on my 48" LZHP. Last week the handle that allows you to adjust it front or back broke off. Now the seat slides forward when stopping and backward when accelerating. NOT A GOOD SITUATION.

Within 1 week of my handle breaking, another LCO with whom I share a warehouse had the SAME THING HAPPEN to his 1.5 year old seat on his 60 Lazer. Same results with the seat sliding forward and backward.

My question is, Has anyone else suffered a similar failure? Is there a recall/repair notice out on these? Or out of the THOUSANDS & THOUSANDS of Lazers with Suspension seats out there, are the only two that broke in Indianapolis???

Please advise.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The thing I hate saying more than 'no' in this position is telling somebody that 'I've never heard that before'...but I've never heard of the handle braking on any of our seats.

With that said, are you sure that the handle broke, or is it possible that the spring that helps hold the handle into the track broke...now this I hear occassionally, and is what I suspect has happened.

The part number for the spring is 103-8386 and it's pretty easy to install

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

3. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

I have a broken one. The tooth part broke off where it bends. I bolted the seat slides together.