Suspension seat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsaunders, Feb 28, 2008.

1. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Who has added a suspension setup under a regular Z seat? How do you like it? Any comparisons vs the upgraded suspension seat?
    I think the added supension will add alittle more height to the seat vs the upgraded sus. seat.
    Thanks
    Joel

2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

my first lazer had a regular seat and i put the spring suspension kit on it , but my newer lazer has the full suspension seat and it is much better

3. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

if you can afford it, get the full Michigan suspension seat. Its lower profile and rides better.

4. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

On my Toro Z's one has suspension seat other has suspension kit. The kit is better than no suspension at all, but not as good as the full suspension seat. My Ferris I.S. is even better with no suspension seat, I wonder how good it might be if I put one on it:confused:

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, well worth it.

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Where can I buy this seat? :waving:

7. tb8100

from TX

your local Bad Boy, Hustler, Scag, Exmark, Toro, Walker, or Gravely dealer, as well as Northern Tool and Ebay. :waving:

8. tb8100

from TX

In fact, most mower companies offer this seat.

9. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

The suspension upgrade is OK, much better than without. The springs will wear out eventually and it wont work as good after a few seasons so sell it with the mower. Adds a few inches to the height which takes a bit of getting used to.

10. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

this seat will fit walker.:waving: