Suspension seat?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by GreenQuest Lawn, Jun 9, 2003.

1. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought this seat the other day and noticed a striking resemblance to the one Exmark offers. Color looks a bit off but everything else looks the same. I would be curious to know if this is the same seat manufacturer.[​IMG]

1.jpg

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

GreenQuestLawn,

Congratulations! That's a nice looking seat.

It's difficult to say if it's from the same manufacturer or even the same model from the manufacturer we use but it certainly does look quite similar. Most seat manufacturers will have multiple variations of the same seat with various features.

Thanks

Terry

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Wait till You Get On that Aftermarket (Dark Seat )When It's Been In the sun!!
    Gray Is Better!!
    John.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

SORRY-- Lite Grey!

5. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

how much and where???

6. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree the black will sting a bit this summer but for $250.00 less than the light grey one I will take that pain.

7. Troy Landry

Troy Landry LawnSite Member

Where did you find (buy) this seat ?

8. weedwoop

weedwoop LawnSite Member

While we are on the subject of seats, are there any confortable seats that can be installed on Exmark's self steering sulky? Love my sulky but man is it a hard ride in the rough.

9. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

weepwood,

To be honest this is the only request I ever recall getting for a different seat on the sulky.

The bolt pattern for the seat I believe is fairly common so I'm confident there should be something out there. I'd recommend that you maintain the same seating position as the original seat. This will help ensure that you're not too close or too far from the machine to operate it comfortably.

I’d probably recommend staying with something that has a fairly low back due to the spring design used on the seat mount. There are several seats used in the agriculture industry that may fit the bill.

Good luck

Terry