Suspension seats on ztrs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

I swore my 08 Ferris is3100z came with the "upgraded" $500~ option suspension seat? I guess not, now granted the whole machine has suspension and rides nice, the seat has a spring in the very back but its only for the on/off seat kill switch..

I notice sometimes if i hit a big bump, the suspension takes the impact but the seat still jolts me up in the air. Why would a seat like this be a $500 ferris option on the smaller mowers and standard on mine if it still is not supsension?

My 05 1000z seat looks like my newest one, but thats it, my 1500z has a black firm seat, little but i feel comfortable.

The is3100z has a high back seat, but common, how could these be a $500 upgrade over the standard seats on lower models? my "seat" itself i dont think has any suepension in it anywhere.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Scag has springs in the regular standard seat and yours probably does also, but at minimum it has a bunch of foam.

3. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

The common "$500" seat is a michigan seat. It is easy to spot because it has a roller dial on the bottom front edge. The dial is used to adjust the ride for the weight of the operator. As far as I know, its the most common suspension seat used on ZTR's

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i bought some for my lazers just slide under the old seat
    200 bucks a piece i think i paid

5. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't they already have suspension for the whole thing?

6. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I think Northern Tool sells the Michigan seat for $325, a must have if you spent 5+ hours mowing a day!!

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yeaaa there are after markett product I hear there worth the money but Not for my employees....

8. mainstreet1984

mainstreet1984 LawnSite Member

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

so what seat does Ferris use just a taller generic? i mean wouldnt a suspension seat on top of the suspension on the mower make things ride/feel like a caddy?

[​IMG]

theres mine if you can tell from the pic? Only REAL suspension seat i can think of is the air ride deal that comes in a John Deere tractor thats really expensive.. those basically float and this does nothing similar lol.

10. djflats

djflats LawnSite Senior Member

I added a suspension seat kit to my "rough-rider", the TANK M48. It cost $200 installed but well worth it.