Suspension Seats

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kearneywalnut, Oct 7, 2007.

1. kearneywalnut

kearneywalnut LawnSite Member

I am thinking about buying a suspension seat for my Lazer AS.

The dealer told me that the Full-Suspension Seat which is $500 or something, was much better than the Custom Ride Seat Suspension System which mounts under my existing nearly new seat for $250 or something...

Does anyone have seat time with these two options that could give me an opinion, I have a couple condos with huge tire ruts in them that can throw me out of the seat at 2mph, and I need any extra comfort/back savings I can get.

They both have an adjustable suspension, and but the Full Suspension seat is not as High...

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Like I said in another post the full suspension is well worth it. You may be able to trade in your old seat of sell it on ebay to help make up some of the difference in price. Michigan is just a great seat and that's why so many comany's use it. The kit sets the seat up too high and is not as comfortable.

3. kevin0311

kevin0311 LawnSite Member

just wondering is the v5300 (link you provided) will bolt up directly with no additional hardware, because says no mounting hardware included.
    and two this is the suspension seat that the dealers are offering for 500+ dollars, except this one is black, correct?

thanks a bunch, i also am thinking of upgrading seats

4. tacoma200

I would call them or check further to on the site for the bolt distance but the one I ordered fit perfectly. It has if I remember correctly an internal switch so when you sit down it allows the motor to run instead of the external switch on a regular seat. So you may have to get a small adapter if you want this to work (wiring) I just left mine unhooked so I could get off the mower and leave it running with the pto engaged, but this is not considered safe but a lot of people unhook them anyway. So you will have to get and electrical adapter and buy 4 nuts and washers to do it correctly. Like I said they will give you the bolt spacing but mine fit right up. I think they are standard of Exmark, Scag, Hustler or any that use the Michigan seat as an option.

This will save you about $150 dollars after shipping over an Exmark seat. I guess it's up to you, same seat, but black. I would opt for the Exmark model which will come with the hard ware and sell the old seat, but that's me. I don't like black, if it had been grey I would have been satisfied.

5. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the black one several years ago. Works great. The thing that bugs me about buying the seat from Exmark is that you get no credit for the regular seat if you buy a new mower and have it come with the suspension seat. It's $500 no matter what.

6. kevin0311

thanks for the info, figured it bolted up just didn't know if i needed any metal brackets or what not. seems like they are mostly the same bolt size from what i have found.

7. kearneywalnut

kearneywalnut LawnSite Member

How hot does the black seat get??? I don't care about color, just burning myself in the summer sun...

8. kevin0311

can't be that bad, the toro's come in black from factory

9. tacoma200

Every dealer is different. My dealer offered me one for about $450 this Spring strait out. No trade in so they have some room to work with $$$.

10. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

I bought one from toro for 350. It is light grey. I would never have a black seat again, too hot.