suspension seats

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bladewielder, May 8, 2002.

1. Bladewielder

Bladewielder LawnSite Member

Does anyone use suspension seats? Do you like them? Did they come with your mower or did you retrofit them? I don't have them and am wondering if it would be possible to fit my mowers with them. Every time I hit a bump I wish I had one. Am I going to have to switch brands or can I buy a "generic" one somewhere for the mowers I have?

2. Esby33

Esby33 LawnSite Member

I bought a suspension seat for my Exmark Lazer Z HP. The seat I got is the one that Exmark sells as an accessory. It did not come with this seat. I bought it for it when it was new. I love this seat. It take the "jarring" out of the bumps. Tones them down so they dont hurt your back, and the rest of your body for that matter. I would NOT switch back to the original seat that came with my Exmark, not that it is a bad on, but just that the suspension seat is much better.

You can find the seat I am talking about here.

http://www.exmark.com/accessories.htm

3. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

The best $500 I spent last year. Won't have another ZTR without it.

4. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't buy a mower without one ever again, it definately makes a big difference.

5. Donald R. English

Donald R. English LawnSite Member

My hustler Z came with one, I'll never buy another mowing machine without one. I wish the cup holders were spring loaded.

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Ditto what Donald said..love it.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It Came with My Lazer EPS.And I Love It.:D
    Johnny G. :cool: :cool:

8. Big G

Big G LawnSite Member

It came with my Lazer Z EPS. I never owned a ZTR before, so I can't compare to not having a suspension seat. I can tell you it is one comfortable ride though.

Big G:)