1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sustane vs. Lawn Restore..

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by CRUZMISL, Sep 15, 2004.

1. CRUZMISL

CRUZMISL LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

I can get Sustane 5-2-4+fe for $23.00 or RInger Lawn Restore for $17. Which is the better of the two?
    Thanks,
    JOE

2. So what is the anylsis of ringer restore, and what are all the ingredients for both?

Sustane 5-2-4 is an excellent product!

3. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

A few notes that come to my mind.

Ringer is usally sold in 40# bags -- is tht price for 40#'s? But.. The price I usually see is about 20.00 per 40# bg and thats only buying it by the pallet. I sawit home depot for 27.95 for 40#'s

You can get Sustane 5-2-4 cheaper. I can get it at Leso for about 16.50

Ringer is a 10-2-6 product. Less product needs to be applied then the sustane

RInger is not derived from manure -- rather it is derived from meal products.

The product I m using is simialar to all of these and made by nature safe. It is a 10-2-8 product100% organic. It is cheaper than all of the products you listed.

4. CRUZMISL

CRUZMISL LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

I have a Naturesafe distributor in my town. Should I look into that option as well? Is it a better value/better product?
    Thanks,
    JOE

5. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Nature safe is usually only sold comercially in multiple ton orders -- so I don't don't know if they would sell to a homeowner. But -- yes -- I think they are a superior product to both of the one mentioned.