Sutech Feedback Needed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CC Lawncare, Mar 27, 2006.

1. CC Lawncare

CC Lawncare LawnSite Member

We run all Bobcat ZTR's and WB Hydros for the larger decks but I picked up a Sutech 33" last year for places where we can't get through a fence or whatever. It wasn't expensive and it has been dependable but I was expecting it to do more than it does. The cut is ok too. It's just a bear to handle on uneven ground.
    Am I spoiled or is that "just the way it is" on the smaller mowers that don't zero-turn? I am fortunate that I only need to use it for 3 customers but I am still considering getting something to replace it. Any suggestions?:confused:

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

do a search on this site for "Sutech". You will find a lot of info., and very little to none of it is good.

3. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

You will find a few posts from me on this subject in the archives. Yes, it's a bear to handle on uneven ground. I owned one for a few weeks my first year. I bought a Lazer and decided to skimp a little on the walkbehind. Big mistake.

I put that thing on one slope and that was it, took a loss and traded it in.

4. CC Lawncare

Thanks Mowman. I did the search. What a bummer. The comments were exactly what I have experienced. This Quick 36 sounds like it is decent though. Any experience with that mower?

5. Mowingman

from Texas

I only know what I read on these forums about the Quick 36. They seem to be way better than the Sutech, but can still be tiresome to turn in some circumstances. Most who report on them, seem to like their Quick 36. There is no such thing as local dealer support, but the factory appears to have pretty good customer service.
    You might want to start a new topic here and ask about them.

6. CC Lawncare

I did a search on them and see that have their shortcomings too but are definitely better than the Sutech. I am going to put mine up for sale and consider going with a 36" Bobcat. I can give you a really good deal on a Sutech if you are interested!:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :laugh:

7. Mowingman

from Texas

Yeah, right!! No thanks.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. stumpking

stumpking LawnSite Member

Late to the game on this post, but figured I would share for the archives.

I liked my Sutech as a homeowner with relatively flat property. I basically wanted something to cover the ground faster than a plain mower and it did that well for me.

However, the motor is seized now after only two seasons. This is the second Briggs motor to seize on me in a year. First was on a snow blower only used 4 times and covered by warranty, now this one. Of course it is just out of warranty now.

The motor is a residential quality motor and it didn't even hold up for that level of use. I would say as I've said before, this is in no way a commercial quality mower and is only marginally a residential quality one.

9. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

I have one and every time I use it I think of the movie Major Payne with Damon Wayens(?) where he tells the kids "Im going to make you REAL strong".At 13 hp its not underpowered, it gives a good cut,1500 otd price was ok, but I would quit cutting grass if I had to use it all the time.Anything other than flat ground and its like wrestling a bear.Buy again? Nope