sutech stealth 33 mower????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southarkansascutter, May 2, 2004.

1. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

I am new to this so please bear with me... Has anybody dealt with a Sutech Stealth 33 walk behind mower?? Just bought one and wondering why you never see anything about them here. just curious.....

2. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I had one for about three weeks when I first started.

I'm not sure if they have changed, but the one I owned had no braking. It's hard to stop a couple hundred pound mower rolling down a hill. The steering was also a pain. Yes, it's belt driven, but you have to manually guide it to turn. It wasn't fun trying to keep that thing straight going across a hill. It would want to do a nose dive and go down hill, which you don't want to do with no way to stop it.

I traded it in for a mower with steering and braking capabilities. You may not run into these problems if you mow all flat properties with it.

3. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I had one for 4 hours, returned it for my money back POS!!! It looked good to me when I was starting out, not to big, had a trani - didnt have to push, and would fit in all my gates. But after using it the drive belt would start to get hot and loosen up off the pullies and I would have to wait for it to cool down and shrink so I could put it back on. This was after 3 lawns and travel time!!! I was not even out of highschool yet, so I let my old man do the talking at the dealer, got a full refund on the mower and the price he had quoted me on the 36inch toro walk behind and 21inch proline. I have to give it to the dealer he treated me right. I learned a very good lesson, always go with quality over price when its a tool. I complain about my toro wb lack of hydro, but its still a really good mower that has paid for its self many times over.

4. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

thanks for the input....it is not my main mower...I use a dixie chopper most of the time....just using it for the places I can't get my chopper....it has a kawasaki motor...I have a couple of yards that I have to mow with my 21" honda and i was thinking it would make life alot faster and easier.... I bought it from a reputable dealer and if I have any trouble he definitely will be seeing me.... it rained all day yesterday and i went and mowed a large yard today that was too wet to get my chopper on and i was impressed how it cut the tall grass....time will tell though about the durability.... this one has good brakes though.... i will be mowing a yard tomorrow that has a pretty good side hill on it,can't wait to see how it works ....... after mowing that big yard i wanted to come home and hug my chopper........

5. Leisure Lawn

Leisure Lawn LawnSite Member

Try the Bradley mower for getting into tight areas and gates..

full belt driven commercial walk behind with a 5 speed Peerless trany for $1499 32"

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Do a search on them here on LS. You will find a lot of threads on them that all say about the same thing, which is not good.