Sutech stealth ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevers, Feb 22, 2000.

1. stevers

stevers LawnSite Member
    from WA

Any one know any thing about this Mower. Company out of China with a factory in ILL.<br>Looking for 33&quot; cut mower mulcher to be excellent in wet grass under $2000. Please help. Thanks SS<br>

2. richard

richard Banned

it might work for someone doing smaller of the larger residential areas. but it looked to me like i would tear it up after a season plus anything i ever bought from china worked okay for a while then broke, even shoes,gloves,shirts,etc...save your money( besides, how good could chineese lawns really be? don't they have trouble even just growing rice?)

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I saw this thing at the trade show a few weeks back, if your other option was the troy-bilt job than the sutech is a better built machine for the same money, but I would go with a conventional 36 inch walkbehind and spend the extra 500 bucks.<p>Actually, it looked a lot like a plagiarized copy of the troy-bilt but with a much heavier deck.<p>Bill<p>----------<br>&quot;...half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair.&quot; R.L.<br>

4. stevers

stevers LawnSite Member
    from WA

so what coventional 36 inch do you recommend I deal with wet lawns alot in NW and want to strictly mulch. I use a Honda hrc 216 for last 4 years and want to have a ztr that is not real big. Thanks

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

This mower is advertised as a ZTR, but I think it is really only a zero turn on the inside wheel, like all belt drives. I am not familiar with this mower, but I can imagine getting blades and belts and such would be difficult to say the least. It only has like an 8 hp Briggs, you need more engine.<p> Go with a big name like Exmark, Toro, Bobcat, Kees or something like that. I paid $2000 for my 36&quot; Exmark belt drive about 3 years ago. One of the big companies always seems to a sale on for about this same price. If that is too much to spend by a used one.

6. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

Stevers,<p>What part of Wa are you from? I'm in the Spokane area. How well do you like your honda for mulching? I just bought one.

7. stevers

stevers LawnSite Member
    from WA

Jason, I really like mine when i first boughtit 4 years ago only bagged now i chute it or mulch it. Did you get the one with 2 blades intrested on hearing how that does.<br>My mower is about shot and thinking on going bigger Ztr.

8. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

Stevers,<p>Yep my honda has 2 blades, haven't used it yet but really looking forward to seeing how it works.<br>Picked up my Lazer Z yesterday too. 52&quot; 18hp Kohler with 12 hours for $5800. I really would have liked a bigger engine but couldn't pass on it because of the price.

9. JUPITER

JUPITER LawnSite Member

Bought the Stealth and am not happy with it. Doesn't mulch well and is terrible in wet grass! Had to cut a lawn 3 times with it and then finally got out my residential 21-inch Toro to do the job right. I'm taking it back to my dealer and begging him to put it towards an Exmark. :mad:

10. KD'sLawns

KD'sLawns LawnSite Member

How often are you mowing the wet grass? I do not think that any mower can mow wet grass in excess of 1 1/2" over mow height without having trouble mulching it and leaving clumps.
    For what you are wanting to spend, you are going to be very limited. I agree that you should put a little extra money with it and get a walk-behind. The best thing to do, would be to go to a few of the dealers in your area and demo some of the mowers on the exact type of lawn you are cutting while its wet. Check the results and choose.