1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ztrguy, Jun 18, 2003.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Does anyone in the lawn service use a SUV to pull their trailer? If so, what kind of SUV do you have? I'm looking for something that will manuver easier than a pickup. Thanks
  2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I Drive a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee To pull the trailer. Because of Comfort, and a 2002 Ford f350 for haulin
  3. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

What kind of trailer are you pulling? And what kind of equipment is on the trailer? How does it pull?
  4. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I pull a 6.5 X 16' With one John Deere Z, and 2 John Deere Walkbehinds a 48" and a 36" and the small Stuff. It Pulls Great I orderd it with the tow Package and V8 so There is plenty of power I hauled my Jeep Cj, and Harley down to daytona Fl For Bike Week, and a little sand boggin Last March And had no Proplems
  5. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

When all my trucks are busy I use my Expedition to tow my New Holland LS170 skidsteer. It tows very well. I also ordered my truck with the load leveling suspension in it from the factory. The truck sags horribly untill the airbags fill up... Plenty of power though..
  6. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

I used to use my explorer to tow my trailer and my boat. No problems...
  7. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

2002 GMC Envoy
  8. AGLawnCare

AGLawnCare LawnSite Member

when the trucks are out my 99 suburban but you can never put anything in the back which turns out bad and the guys mess up the leather seats. but as far as pulling it works just as well as a truck
  9. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use to use my moms 02' jeep liberty and it pulls great and gooder manuverbility then my truck.