Suzuki Samurai for plowing.

Discussion in '<a href= target=_blank ?>Sn' started by AB Lawn Care, Dec 19, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I read a post a while back about a person who used suzuki samurai's to plow the wide sidewalks at hospitals and medical buildings.This got me thinking.I know that plowing a sidewalk is much easier than a normal plowing,but would a samuari be any good for plowing small lots and driveways.I do 95% residential work and am sick of freezing my butt off with my Walker and Scag walk-behind(with plow)

What would a concern be if plowing with one.Power,weight traction??????Also does anyone know who makes good plows for the samurai???????

I would really apperciate any info on plowing with one.

2. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

I heard these things tip over very easily.

Can't plow very well if the wheels aren't on the ground.

3. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Bah! What do you want a chick's truck for? Get a 3/4ton and throw a blade on the front and the rear, then your rockin'. Plus how is that little toy truck goin' to earn you scratch in the summer?
  4. AB Lawn Care

from Ontario

Now hold up!!!They are not wimpy!!!Well stock maby....but I know where to get a ford V6 swap kit with a C6 auto tranny.Its a bolt in kit.Now if that was installed would it still be garbage????I'm more interested in personal experence with a samuari than anything else.

5. snow

snow Guest

why freeze your butt of in a walker or on a quad when you could get a used plow truck for the same amount as a quad setup the way u like it. I also read in another post that u plow a parking lot with your scag, why not get a truck and be more productive. then again, do what u want.

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Buy a used S10 blazer 2 dr,it is much stronger than a Samuri and not much bigger,it turns on a dime and from 89 up,can be had with the torquey 4.3 V6 and 4l60 automatic,the best small truck drivetrain available.You should be able to buy a 91-94 fof a decent price and slap a 6 1/2-7 ft blade on it,the blazer will outpush the Samari easily.If you need parts,the S10 parts are cheap and readily available,not with the Suzuki.
  7. AB Lawn Care

from Ontario

Ok I will give up on the samuari.I just thought it would be worth asking about.Forget I even asked :)

I now realize that I will require a 3/4 ton truck.I will start a new thread on what I should look for in a 3/4 ton.Thanks for setting me straight guys!

snow-I realize that I could get a nice plow truck for the cost of what I am running now.I have about $25,000(can) in lawn equipment runing in the winter.They only thing is how do I make a living with a plow truck in the spring,summer and fall??????Those mowers make my money.And untill I can cut grass with a truck,that is not going to change.Also as far as going a parking lot with my scag goes.That was a small lot and only did it when I had time.I also no longer do it becouse they did not like paying their bills.
  8. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

if u want to plow without a truck (i think thats what hes saying) get a ATV with a plow or a nice tractor with a cab and plow. quick and clean i think thats the way to go
  9. Deere John

Deere John LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Honda TRX 350 4x4 plow and harness sitting in the shop corner. It is for sale. With alittle smoozing, it will probably fit the Samuri Warrior. Bring cash, I'll fire up the compressor to install. :)

DYNA PLOW LawnSite Member

you guys keep riping the samurai and i will go and put a plow on one just to prove a point. i have two of these things.the japs no how to build reliable stuff, they have leaf springs and solid front axles,also have a 4 lo transfer case and i know the frames are plenty strong to handle a small plow. i have one built for rock crawling
    with a 8000lb winch on the front. if your doing sidewalks and small drives i think it will do fine just don't put a blade thats over kill on it. it's cheaper than a atv and its got heat to.
    whatever you do don't buy a chevy, i have yet to see a
    chevy that can handle plowing!!
    (comments anyone?)