Suzuki shortblock for Prolines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOZE4MUNY, Dec 5, 2005.

1. MOZE4MUNY

MOZE4MUNY LawnSite Member
    from NW Fla

Our local Toro dealer doesn't exactly instill confidence by his answers. As a matter of fact he only shoots from the hip, so let me pose this question here. Is Toro still selling replacement 2 cycle engines for 21 inch Prolines?

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i do not know about now but the last time i asked about one (several years ago) the price was like 350$

3. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

My dealer can still get them. Thae are around $350. worth every penny if the deck is in good shape you can get 4-5 more years out of it.

4. MOZE4MUNY

MOZE4MUNY LawnSite Member
    from NW Fla

Thanks for the reply Dallas Turf, that's really good news. It's worth considering buying one to have on hand before they become extinct. All the deck/drive train parts are the same, or at least interchangeable, with current offerings. This trim mower could last me beyond the point I care to be in the lawn maintenance game.
    I may have to bite the bullet and go to our local dealer to place an order. Somebody could really help me out if they knew of a source I could mail order from. I just can't stand to deal with our local guy, he's such an Ass Clown. This guy has sold more Snappers and Stihl than most dealers and he doesn't even carry those lines, he's the Echo/Toro/Walker dealer. I know an LCO in town that dropped off his line trimmer for repair and didn't get it back for four months. (during the heart of the season no less) This guy never has parts in stock, always has an excuse and is so full of it, his eyes are brown. We're all getting our Walker parts drop shipped by a dealer in Walton County (next closest dealer)...damn shame.

5. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Check with www.PlanoPower.com they ship stuff everywhere. They have a huge inventory and should have 2-3 of them in stock.

6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Imo the suzukis don't have the power compared to lawn-boy 2 cycles. I've used a proline w/ suzuki and it couldn't mulch st. aug my snapper can handle.

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Another suggestion: Power Equipment Warehouse, 1-800-769-3741.

They have supplied me with all Toro Proline and LB parts, including a LB shortblock. I would be very surprised if they would NOT be able to get you a Sizuki shortblock.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

nothing can out power a lawn boy but the suzuki will out last it-so will a robin2cyc. great folks at plano power! great cust. service