Suzuki vs duraforce

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Jun 11, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I have used a toro proline with the suzuki 2 cycle and it seems like it doesn't have power in the thick stuff. But why? It's suposed to be a 2 cycle. It made a grinding awful sound when bogged down by thick grass. On the other hand is the duraforce on lawn-boys better? I heard everywhere that they are the best. Then why does that suzuki screw up on the thick stuff? I want to get a lawn-boy before they're all gone and need to know if it will be good or like that proline.

Scott
    S man

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't beat a Duraforce IMO, I've got 3. They're the best! 6.5hp never bogs down.

3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Duraforce is a Stronger Engine...Proline/Suzuki is a Much More Reliable Mower than Commercial Lawnboy Self-Propelled...Can't Get Either anymore Thanks to the Enviro Nuts.

Duraforce Engine Still Avail. on Toro Single Stage Snowblowers and Can be Retrofitted to a Toro/Proline Deck I am Told.

Please Add 2cycle Oil to Your 4 Strokes as a Measure of Protest.

prolnelb.JPG

4. S man

Now that's what I call a mowing service! How did you get all those? I'm going to get my silver pro soon for about 400. Hows the mentinence on the duraforce?

5. S man

Hmmn. Busy forum.

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The Duraforce Will Last Alot Longer than the Homeowner Silver Pro ...Your Mower Will Fall Apart Around the Engine...Buy Commercial Units Kids.

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

One of mine is damn near 10 years old and still running good. The other two are about 5. Other than cleaning the exhaust ports and new wheels every 2 years, nothing wrong with them! :waving:

8. S man

Okay I'm bought on getting it. The only thing is if they still have them. If the deck falls apart could I put the duraforce on a different deck like a snapper?

9. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

honestly, i have no other experience other then with the commercial lawnboys.. and these things are excellent. i use them as my primary mowers. i started with (2), 7 years ago, and still use them everyday today. they have been running every day of my operation full time for years now.
    can't go wrong. the only problem i run into is i have to change a coil every year to year and a half... 10 minute fix.
    to switch from bagging to mulch plate is just seconds. the side discharge never clogs.
    i'm also looking to pick up another one or 2 before they are gone. i procrastinate though cuz the local area shops have tons of them.

here's my twins, right by the trailer door..

10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

nice family there :) you don't bag with them at all?
    i have one set up with the plate, the other with the side bag.