SW Missouri-Springfield/Branson

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by castlerockmo, Oct 3, 2009.

1. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

I'm about 45 min. I live about 25 min from branson, just E of a town called forsyth. Your not going to find a lot of trout here the only place your going to find trout is in lake taneycomo, both brown and rainbow. As far as bass you can find them just about everywhere( such as the creeks that feed the lake like james river, swan creek, beaver creek etc, also bull shoals lake and table rock lake) but less likely in taneycomo. I would stay off of tablerock this week it crazy busy this time of year, bull shoals is a local fav not a lot of people on it( great for skiing and wake boarding). If you want to catch garr bull shoals and table rock, if you want walleye you will want to go to bull shoals. You can catch catfish anywhere really. Oh and a lot of perch. I live almost right on bull shoals. Forsyth sits in the middle of bull shoals and taneycomo.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. alf500series

alf500series LawnSite Senior Member

from branson also---if you get in town and get all the fishing u want in, and decide to see a show, drop me a line. got lots of connections and can tell you which are the best ones to see.

3. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

Castle, thanks for the recommendations. My wife and I will be in Springfield for a few days and then heading down to cloud 9. I remember when I was little visiting my great Gma in Westplains and we went and fished a little stream somewhere around there. Don't remember how far away it was. I have no clue where it was but I remember getting paid for the fish that I caught. Any ideas where that may have been? It was over 20 years ago though.

4. castlerockmo

Man I have no clue I just stick around the tri-lakes area. I really don't go fishing anymore, never have time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. alf500series

alf500series LawnSite Senior Member

6. pdenney11

pdenney11 LawnSite Senior Member

Only place I have ever gone trout fishing is Roaring River by Cassville.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

do any of you guys snow plow?

8. dlingner

dlingner LawnSite Member

I work in Branson. Mostly mowing. Second year in business. I am thinking of offering lawn care apps next year to my customers. Most don't do anything to their lawn... but I think there are some that would utilize it. I have to get certified and all I know. I did this for ten years in Kansas City, so nothing new to me, except some new plants and grasses down here.

A couple questions for you guys:

Where do you buy your lawn chemicals and seed?

How do you seed these rocky lawns?

Thanks! Great to meet you all.

Dave

9. castlerockmo

Seed the rocky lawns with bermuda lol!

I buy my stuff from EWING in springfield. There is not a place in branson so we have to go up there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. dlingner

dlingner LawnSite Member

Don't you seed bermuda earlier in the year during its growing season?

Thanks.