SW Missouri-Springfield/Branson

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by castlerockmo, Oct 3, 2009.

1. alf500series

alf500series LawnSite Senior Member

where is ewing at?

2. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

On sunset. If you take 60 to kansas expressway turn right on kansas. Take kansas down to sunset turn left on sunset. Sunset is the light after battlefield there is a gas station on the corner of kansas and sunset. When you turn left on sunset ewing is the 3rd drive on the right I think you will see the sign and their truck sitting out front.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

what type of chemicals do they sell at ewing? and prices?

4. castlerockmo

Pbi gordons stuff likw Q4 n 992 n surge. And others go in n check it out talk with scott. Their prices are better than JDL.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. OrangeToys

from SW MO

I need to get a good spreader what do you suggest?

6. castlerockmo

Ewing has a cub cadet wich is just a lesco. I'm not real picky about a spreader, like I am my small engines.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Lanebrain

Lanebrain LawnSite Member

hey all, new guy on site here. :waving:
    I'm not in the game yet but considering getting into it small time (just solol, residential stuff . . . I guess)

I'm kinda curios if the market is saturated around here? Nixa - Ozark, and S Spfd.

Tia

8. castlerockmo

Holy cow you can't sit at a stop light in being nixa Ozark n not see about 3 or four trucks. I do more in Branson and been trying to work my way into the Springfield market. It has been hard and I have done slot of advertising.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. pdenney11

pdenney11 LawnSite Senior Member

Just think about it long and hard before you jump into it. You have to fight hard to make a good living cutting grass in this economy. Im pretty sure the market is saturated in every town. The drought this year has been awful for us. We had 3 weeks downtime this summer since it was so hot and dry nothing was growing in our area.

Seems like alot of people ive talked to in my area just want to get into it because they see a few of the larger lawn maint companies in SWMO that have 3 or 4 new Diesel trucks, nice new trailers full of brand new mowers, skid steers and all sorts of other nice new equipment. They just think its a business that will make you rich but they dont realize those guys might be 300k in debt. Not trying to talk you out of it but do not do it because you think you are going to end up making a fortune. Do it because you have experience in this type or work and will actually enjoy the type of work involved.

10. OrangeToys

from SW MO

Its to saturated, and all the yards are being mowed:laugh: