SWB Deck lift solution.

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Phishook, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw the little tool to help lift the deck. But that just made me wounder once again if it's for me.

I run two ztr's now and love being able to mow and pick the deck up with the foot lift to go over something with out going arround it(water meter, tree root, tree stump). And the quick change of height is good too. I like to raise the height 1/2" to cut drainage ditches.

While I was running my WB today I came up with the solution. Put a hydro lift on the deck. Kind of like Bunton put on thier Twister.

PS If you introduce something like this before spring I'll buy one.

PSS Change that thought. I'll let Hustler have my idea in exchange for a 54" SWB.

2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

FYI, with the extreme power, tire combo and instant speed change of the SWB's, you can wheelie over small stuff like that if you think you need to. This is one advantage of having zero to full speed at your fingertips at any moment. Actually though, I get the feeling your just funnin' a bit since the cost verses practicality ain't too good...........

3. Phishook

I think it would be verry practical.

But you're right. The $150 in parts marked up to $550 installed wouldn't be worth it.

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Errr....... $150 in parts marked up to $550.... guess again (G). Let's try about $1,550, at least...........

5. Phishook

Maybe they could sub it out to Bunton. What's a Twister run? The guy I bought my accounts off of bought one, and loves the lift on it.