SWB hydro filter# and oil?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by PaulJ, Feb 2, 2006.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Quick question.
    Do you have a cross-reference part number for the hydro oil filter on a super walkbehind? My hustler dealer is about 60 miles away so I thought If I could get something closer from a local dealer or parts store I would.
    Also what is the recommended oil in the hydros on that mower? Is synthetic oil good to use? If I use synthetic is the Lubrazol additive still needed?
    what about oil weight? 10-40 or 15-30 or 15-40? Does it make a big difference?
    I know what the owners manual says but it seams every mechanic or brand says something different.
    Thanks for the help,

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Hustler part # for the hydro filter is # 768341.
    10W-40 is what is used in the hydro system.
    Any good quality oil is ok, be sure to use Lubrizol with it.
    Synthetic is ok also, but you do not use the Lubrizol with synthetic oil.

Pj

3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the info.
    I was really looking for an oil filter option other than the hustler # so I could cross match with somethng I can get localy

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That is the only # I am aware of.
    I would stick with OEM on the hydro filter anyways.
    Maybe someone else has found a aftermarket and they will post the info for you.

Pj

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Take the Hustler part number to Napa and they will cross reference it over to their filter. I say go to napa because their filters are made by Wix or you could just go to any auto parts place that sells Wix filters. Thats about the only brand id trust other than an OEM filter. Fleetguard filters are also good if anyone near you sells those.