1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sweating

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by VO Landscape Design, Jun 10, 2013.

1. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

We all sweat but how do you still look presentable? When i sweat my shirt gets drenched along with my pants and then you look liked you peed your pants. Are there pants that help wick moisture or shirts that work in that respect? Nothing like talking to a client while working and it looks like you can't control your bladder!
    VO

2. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

i wear thin shorts or under armour type stuff under my normal work pants may sound hot but keeps me cooler and dry.

3. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't do much that requires "durable" clothing - when I know I'll be doing something that requires it, I'll wear a cotton tee, and cargo pants, and "suck it up", but for my standard mowing work I wear polyester running shirts and shorts. They wick moisture, have ventilated panels, and even if they do get wet, they dry rather quickly. Light colored shirts don't show the sweat much at all.

The drawback is cost and the fact that they won't hold up to abuse. (snag easily)

I can't stand being hot and I don't like looking like a slob in sweat-soaked clothes. I'm probably the cleanest looking lawn guy in town. The other LCOs can laugh all they want, I do what works for me.

4. ncnurseryman

ncnurseryman LawnSite Member

I just picked up a couple of those trading shirts at target last week for about 10 - 12 buck and man I couldn't believe how much better they feel verses a cotton shirt. I don't know why the Columbia shirt is 50.00 though, I haven't tried that one just too expensive when the 10.00 shirts work great. Go get you some.

5. ncnurseryman

ncnurseryman LawnSite Member

Damn auto correct. Training shirts not trading shirt.

6. Toro 455

Toro 455 LawnSite Member

No cotton. Only micro-fiber polyester, nylon etc. Shirt, shorts, underwear, even sox. It'll keep you cooler. They have them at Wal-Mart. The bad news is they don't hold their shape or color very well. And it's difficult to get stains out.
    So in the end I wouldn't say you'll look better but you'll feel a lot better.

7. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I find it helps to take a shower and dress in clean fresh clothes before leaving the house, and wear some underarm deodorant.

8. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

under armour heat gear works wonders

9. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

I just put on clean shirts thruout the day. Maybe two per day.

10. Four_Seasons

Four_Seasons LawnSite Member

I second this. Before, my shirts were really clingy and I would be practically washing my shirts with sweat. But since I got some compression shirts from UA, I've been less hot and thirsty and overall more productive. :weightlifter: