Swede tach v-plows

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by snow, Dec 11, 2000.

1. snow

snow Guest

I've seen these before in mags and have seen their literature but a v-plow from them for a skidsteer is like $6,000. Most v-plows for skidsteers are around $3000 . Has anyone used a swede tach v-plow? are they worth the extra money? It said someone from connecticut had one in their brochure on a volvo loader. has anyone used them?

Bryan

2. Deere John

Deere John LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at one of these this past summer at a public-works open house. The plow is heavier-duty than any I have seen before. It has the quick-change cutting edge, grease fittings throughout, and I believe the sales guy said it was T-1 steel throughout too, unlike most blades that are rolled mild steel. The hydraulic system had pressure relief and accumulator action right on the blade, I guess to protect the plow from ill-equipped prime movers.

I was looking at putting it on my JD 310C, but I could not justify the $12,000 (Canadian) price, along with the need to build my own mount to the TLB.