Swedish Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Farmer, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any expierience with the Husqvarna Swedish Rider? I know they use to make a Pro model with, I believe, a 48" side discharge mower. Thier web site says they still do, but doesn't show any models....

2. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Farmer, I looked at them before I bought my WB. I'm using my mower strictly for residential so my needs are probably different than yours. I will say, I was impressed with it when I demo'd it. It came with three deck options and I tried the 44" mulcher that had a great cut. The "PRO" model had a Kawi option as well. It seemed very well built, however, for commercial use it may be lacking a bit. You are probably better off looking at their commercial line. The other "downfall" is that they are now selling this unit at Lowe's. Keep us posted on your findings.

3. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

i have one of those swedish mowers side discharge, DONT buy one the deck bent warranty doesnt cover it and just for the shell it is 450. had nothing but problems with is so far

4. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Are the steering control still using cables?
    I walked away from one as soon as I saw that.

The thing that did impressed me some what. Was how easy it would be to maintain the blades. It would be nice if all riders had a deck that could be tilted to gain access to the blades the way they can be on a Swedish rider.

5. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

grasshopper has that option with the flip up deck
    it is really easy u just lower the deck to transport mode and then lift the deck and it locks up for cleaning out the deck and sharping blades etc

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Country Clipper also has the filp up deck....but on a mid mont ZTR.

As for the Swedish rider.... well I looked hard at it too. I saw one guy using one around here commercially and got interested. They say they are to Europe what the ZTR is to the US. But for some reason it doesn't seem to fly in the US. I don't know why because it seems to me that it would be good alternative to the big and bulky front mowers (Kubota/John Deere/New Holland). For me, I was considering it as a good go between choice that would have put me in the middle between ZTR's and lawn tractor style mowers. Do a search because I might have asked about them here myself. The commercial version is a bit beefier than the homeowner ones sold at lowes. Here is a picure....

sweedishriderpro_410x230.jpg

7. finmower

finmower LawnSite Member

We have these in commercial use in EU, but the quality
    is like Ariens and Dixon homeowner mowers. They are wery
    good for mowing few hours per week. Meny belts and
    gables and plastic.

8. finmower

finmower LawnSite Member

There is 2 used ones, 1200 hrs. Need new plasticks around,
    all cables ( 2 steering, deck lift, trottle ) The other one
    has new deck and transaxle, but they was in hard work.

husqvarna rider 18 3 ls.jpg

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Hey finmower! Didn't know we had any Europeans here. Cool. That your pair of mowers? Not bad there either way. I always wanted to demo one so bad! The good Husqvarna dealer didn't stock them though. I always wondered about the cut and turning as well as what kind of slope performance they have.

10. finmower

finmower LawnSite Member

Envy
    I believe there is meny Europeans reading this site.
    I have learn a lot from here, thanks all.
    These machines are for sale, you want some ? LOL
    These machines are going forward upphill, but dont even think
    turn on hill, it roll over. It hapends me ones and you can
    believe it hurts....
    Also if you drive front wheels to one inch ditch and try to
    reverse, you stuck there.
    Like I told before, if you have few hours mowing per week
    and flat lawn, it is nice machine to drive.
    We are using Grasshopper 721G2 52 mowers now.
    Same nice deck flip up feature, than huskys.
    Do not want steerinwheel back !!!!!!!!