1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sweepers Vs. Collection Systems?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by atdwg, Dec 18, 2006.

1. atdwg

atdwg LawnSite Member

I'm currently using a Grasshopper 721D to do most of my clean up work but am considering buying a Toro turf sweeper. Just seems like it work better on wet leaves and twigs. Can anyone who has used both tell me how much better, if it all, it works. What will and won't it get up? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Sweeper all the way! You can hold so much more in the hopper of the sweeper than any colletion system on a mower. Sweepers get it all. Sticks, leaves, thatch, and acorns. Mowers dont get acorns, well walkers I hear pick them up. Sweepers save so much time but cost more than a mower. If I hade the cash I would buy a sweeper today.
  3. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

I second that. Sweepers physically touch the turf and don't miss much.
    Anything goes in. Problem is you'll need to pull it with a machine. If you have a mower that can do that, no problem. Personally, I can't even think of spring cleanups without a sweeper. If I didn't have them(I bought 6 of them) I'd have one of my guys take me behind the shed and pow... lol

4. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a good website to go to check out a commercial sweeper.
  5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass