sweepers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dylan, Feb 17, 2004.

1. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

Does anyone have any experience with sweepers? I'm thinking of using one for parking lots, dethatching, spring and fall cleanups, etc. Probably put it on my tractor but not sure to get a three point hitch model or a bucket model.

http://www.niagaramachine.com/HTML/sweepex.html

0312pp7.jpg

2. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

Truck mounted unit.

3. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

Three point hitch model. Can be used to push or pull.

kubota.jpg

4. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

Truck mounted unit again.

brooms_photo.jpg

5. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Would this be used for large commercial properties or residential or both? It looks like these units would be too large for most residentials since you attach them to trucks and tractors.
    I use a pull behind yard sweeper made by Yardman. I pull it behind my quad and have had no problems with it yet.

6. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

Mostly commercial. Apartment complexes and such. For cleaning up the parking lots and mess from the melting snow banks on the lawn. The odd residential if they are big enough.

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

dylan, I do quite a bit of sweeping for gravel off lawns. I use a JD that I mounted a 5' sweepster sweeper to the front. I also have a Sweepster WBH for small areas. I used to have one mounted on a Ransomes too but sold the drive unit.
    Last year I tried a couple of different collector models but wasn't real happy with the design yet. This is the company that makes them. They make good 3 point hitch and skid steer ones too.
    http://www.buyersguideontario.com/ad.asp?KeyID=11661

9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Fareway, what's the jrco worth?

10. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

Thanks Cantoo. I'll call my dealer and get a price on one unless you know offhand what they are worth. I'm familiar with Smith welding because they made the inverse snow blower for my tractor. I figure the rotary broom does better than the push broom but ... do the push brooms work?

The JRCO looks to be a bit lighter unit. The 6' unit I was looking at weighted over 300lbs. It has 11 rows of bristles. Cost $975. How does the JRCO measure up.