Sweeping.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southside, Jun 19, 2000.

1. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone out there doing sweeping work?<br>I was wondering if it was feasible to run<br>a suction sweeper on my Walker?<p>Karl<br>

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Karl, I know when I was up in the Northeast, it was big money for me becuase of the amount of sand the city/state trucks you to spread al over then plow onto properties, etc. I don't know if you have a market for it there? Lots of garbage in the curb and gutters in those complexes you take care of?<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

3. southside

Dave,<br> We have all sorts of crap lying in the<br>gutters.Do you think it's feasible to run<br>such a setup on a Walker,seeing that they<br>already have the suction fan and hopper?<p>Karl<br>

4. Guido

I've never seen the sweeper made for the walker. I'll vouch for it if its anything like the small unit we use on our bobcat skid steers. It does a great job. Last year they even came out with a gutter broom attacthment for it. I'll ask around about the walker for you!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Karl, check into some used Walkers to see what the blowers look like after sucking sand for about 300 hrs. Before I bought my new ones I looked at lots of used ones to see what type of repairs I would have to make each year as the hours added up. One dealer who had a big customer who only did lake front sandy lots was only getting about 300-500 hrs before the blowers were needing replaced. I think one of the attachments that sweep the sand into it's own hopper would be better. As long as you figure this into the pricing maybe it is still worth doing.

6. southside

Thanks for thwe advice. I was wondering about<br>the blower fan.Maybe not such a good idea.<p>Karl<br>

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Karl,<br>The Walker sweeper attatchment does not sweep the debris backwards into the blower. It sweeps it the other way. (sort of like how the water in australia goes down the drain hehe)<br>I guarantee that you do not want any large debris to go thru your blower as this will cause you a great monetary setback. I has heard of guys using the sweeper as a dethatcher in the spring. I did make a post called Power sweeping, a few months ago. <p>Hows the 26EFI treating ya - I love mine. Not as fast as Eric or Homers Dixieeeeezzzzzs but then I don't have to stop and pull the bugs out of my teeth like they do. <br>Good Luck mate.

8. southside

Mow Ed,<br> The 26EFI is going real well. We <br>knocked 7 hours off our normal mowing times<br>at one site and used half the fuel.I'm very<br>happy so far.<p>Karl<br>

9. Guido

Karl?<p>Man, you Aussies are everywhere. Just sold a car to a dealership owned by 10 of your cousins from down under. How the hell did they get all the way over here?? Good guys though! Wish I had time to meet up with you while I was there this winter. But anyway....back to sweepers!<p>In my opinion, wich don't mean $hit!, I don't like the angle brooms,(the ones that kick dirt out in front or to either side. If iwere you I'd look into a unit for your tractor. I don't know much about walkers, but these guys allm seem to think its a bad idea, and I'm sure their right. I'm also not sure if anyone makes a &quot;pick-up&quot; unit for those mowers. Check out &lt;http://sweepster.com&gt; There site is a little bit messed up right now, but they make a hell of a product. If you click on pick up units they'll have a few different types for skidsteers, trctors and loaders. Maybe you'll see something you like there. If you look at the toip of their products page, you'll see the big snow brooms we use with our 10 ton dumps for airfield snow removal (light stuff and cleanup). I'll put some pics up on my site as soon as we get all our snow equipment back up to the shop. But the point being its a quality product, I've used (and abused) it, and its still sweepin'!!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

10. southside

Dave,<br> Yes we breed like rabbits. Our aim is<br>world domination. :)<br>I might look into a tractor mount unit.<p>Karl<p>