1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sweet.... another frost advisory.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, May 18, 2008.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Just wanting to rub it in. Check back in, whatever.

We've got another frost advisory here tonight.

I've still got yards or areas of yards that I haven't mowed yet this year.

Other yards are taking off, but still no double cutting at least.

The dandelions are EVERYWHERE this spring, even in yards I've not had them for the last 4-5 years, but it's so cool, that they're not turning to seed, which is nice, giving time to get around and spray.

The biggest problem with the spray though, is that it IS so cool, that it takes a while for the herbicide to take effect.

Oh well, at least I got to go fishing last night when the wind was blowing 40 mph and it was a whopping 52 degrees..... brrrrrr..... not to mention the sprinkles that would blow through.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I envy you, not :laugh:
  3. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

If it makes you feel any better I feel your pain, we had snow warnings out last night for higher elevations!!! So sick of mowing in the cold cold rain also, just wish summer would get here. It is not going to be much above 50 for a high today. Somehow the grass is still growing like its 80 though, making it even tougher to not mow in the rain. Oo yeah your right about the dandelions!
  4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Its all that Global warming
  5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

7 weeks out for the 4th of july - seems after that everything is down hill. I am back to mowing but morning temps have been in the low 30's and hard to get going when I need gloves on for the first little while. In fact my arms are just getting a touch of tanning from the sun - I still look white as - say frost!