Lawn Care Forum banner

Sweet new meter

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Kiril 
#1 ·
Dusty Stillwater of all people, he sent me this meter, pretty sweet meter my friends.

The probe twists out of the pen style body. Has a couple of leads, one is the standard ground probe and the other is for extension or for use with the handy dandy clip.

Auto ranging, Ac/DcVoltage, resistance and dig this. A non contact voltage detector. Love it, love it to death. I'm going to use this as much as I use my pro30.

Thanks Dusty!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

See less See more
#11 ·
Jim - Does the non-contact setting just give you a YES or NO on the voltage or will it give an actual reading? Stupid question but consider the source. And hey, your posts are great. Keep up the good work.
It's very sensitive and yes, only a flashing light/audible alert tone. One thing I've noticed is when voltage is selected, touch the probe to the cable and you can read millivolts. Strange and I don't know if it's accurate or not, just saying.

I used the pen meter on a troubleshoot at the river trail discovery center today. I was impressed that I was reading short to earth in sandy loam (very sandy).

One meter that I could have control of and also allow to range itself with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

I thought I'd have a few good pics but the issues were pretty straightforward. Nobody was able to figure the system out and they were going to trench new wire in next week but, wasn't anything wrong with the wires, just the original installer and all that had touched it until today.

That's all I had time for.
Posted via Mobile Device

#15 ·
Agreed Dad! Haven't seen one of those in a while, and am glad of it.
You like that brother? They're going to replace it with a new Rain Dial controller like the one they have for the other system. I would have suggested just running the wiring to the existing Rain Dial 12 station clock but after seeing what the existing wiring was like in the field, I am hesitant to suggest they install a junction box and run the wiring to the existing Rain Dial.

The existing Rain Dial only controlls 2 valves and was installed by one of the better irrigators in this area as part of a contribution.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.