Sweet no overhead........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, May 28, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

......... well almost :p i have a friend that i do work for/ odd jobs when i don't do lawns. {he had the pizza shop in my flyer that gopher posted} he just gave me a 4'x8' trailer and a 36" scag wb he just had siting around. the trailer just needs a new tire. and the 93 scag has a new motor & trany, its just been siting in his vacant lot for 3years with vines all over it. don't nockit at least its free equipment.

2. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

Nice :cool:

A 4x8 works great for a 36" and a 21". Get the 36 into mowing condition and you'll be set. I mainly use a 36, they're a good size for average sized residentials.

I saw you are using a Ryobi trimmer, that's what I started out with my first season. Pretty good trimmer except that the clutch is starting to go out on it after only 1 year of part time work. :( Using a Kawasaki now :)

3. Frontier-Lawn

i like the ryobi because i can put differant atachments on it.

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

You do have a sweet deal!
    You know what would make a great self propelled spreader/sprayer? A walkbehind with a bad deck. That's what I'm going to do with mine if the deck ever goes bad.
    I've got 2 of those Ryobi's plus every attachment except the blower. I had to buy a second one when I first started because I stripped the shaft that couples them together. It was $20 and really easy to fix. Anyway, they are very heavy. Get something light like a Robin (9lbs) when you can afford to. I keep those 2 Ryobi's on the trimmer trap along with my Robin. One has an edger attachment and the other has a brush blade. I'll run them until they quit. My Robin is only 25cc but the Ryobi is 31cc. The Robin blows the Ryobi's away.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

So now you can go under bid and low ball everybody elses accounts. That about somes it up rite?

6. Frontier-Lawn

nope means i can make 90% after taxes and other costs. my cheapest cut is $25 and thats only for mobile homes.
    i dont low-ball and never will :realmad: