Swimming pools

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Big C, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Picked up a customer that has a pool....any secrets to mowing/trimming around pool area without getting grass in the pool...(this customers lawn edge is about 2ft from the waters edge)

2. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

No promises except, "I'll do my best...."

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Always know where the skimmer screen is. It is almost the inevitable that you are going to get material in the pool.

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

5. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

dito...Bag it

6. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

What about edging the walkway around the pool?

7. BDLC Mikey

BDLC Mikey LawnSite Member

I had one like this before... i didnt edge it with edger... i took my line trimmer and held it at an angle like this (see crappy diagram below...) and i made sure to use the trimmer where the clippings would blow away from the pool. in high winds some inevitably got in and some on the sidewalk but this was by far the most efficient way to handle it...

Vgrass||||\ <-- trimmer line
    |||||||||||||\________________<-- sidewalk

8. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

The first mowing, aim your discharge chute so that the majority of the clippings will end up in the pool. Once you have lowered your customers expectations in this manner, getting a few clippings in the water every time you mow should be no problem.

Or you could just do your best and let the customer deal with it. The last time one asked if I could keep the clippings out, I told them that I most certainly would get some in. I will try to keep them out but success is not guaranteed. They still signed up.

9. BDLC Mikey

BDLC Mikey LawnSite Member

dude... good one:laugh:

10. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

HAHAHAHAHA I love it....., "suits" dont have this much fun