swimming

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Jun 21, 2001.

?

does any one go swimming in clients pools (when invited of course)

Poll closed Jun 24, 2001.
  1. yes we do

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. no we don't

41 vote(s)
    75.9%
  1. does any one swim in clients pools (when invted of course):angry:

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

got one with a place on the lake,who invites me out now and then.
    file it under perks

3. No, I don't swim in the clients pool, I have one of my own to enjoy. I only have 2 clients with pools.

4. I'm with you on that one AWM

5. Oh I do it all the time esp. when the husband is at work.

Sorta like the old movie staring Burt Lancaster called the
    "Swimmer".

6. 40 peaple looked 4 voted
    not too good for all you had too do was point and click
    must be to much effert

7. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

Would driving the Lazer into the lake count? I haven't done that yet but I've read where people have.:D

8. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawngodfather,
    It doesnt allow me to vote?

I would decline the swimming because Im hairier than a dog. But would accept an invite to mingle around the pool.

Let me guess, your going swimming Saturday:)

9. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

:D
    Most of my customers have very nice pools, they are always saying to get into pool, because no one uses it anymore. I had declined all the time, but last year I was trimming bushes,etc. for a customer and he comes out and says, when you finish take a shower in pool house and get in the pool to cool down. It was about 99 degrees, and 100 percent humidity that day. I finished and cleaned up and went swimming. While I was swimming the customer and wife made dinner and we had a nice dinner on the deck, this is what makes it worthwile to do what we do everyday. Most of the time I tell them I have more jobs to do, but I have used their pool a few times, they are so glad when I do, so why not make them happy. :D

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I delivered furniture for 14 years and had a few offers. I always said no though. Always thought it was a bit strange since I just met them and only knew them for about a half hour while I made the delivery.
    At least in this biz you get to know them a bit, so I guess it doesn't seem so strange.
    Haven't had the offer since in the biz, but I would still decline.