Swing Sets

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mh1314, Jun 16, 2003.

1. mh1314

mh1314 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

After mowing two yards back to back with swing sets and then bidding another with a jungle jim, I came to the conclusion that I hate them. Not what they stand for in regards to kids, but the fact that they are a pain in the butt to mow around. It's hard to believe that something with six poles on the ground can slow down and mess up a mowing job so much. Does anyone ever figure in more money for stuff that's in the way?:blob3:
  2. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

I have one property that we call the swingset from hell
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

lucky enough we only have one swing set problem. But last year the exhaust from the 52 hit the the rubber seat of a swing and totally melted it. I ended up replacing it for them though.
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Yes. Definitely. The more stuff to wack around and mow around that slows me down, the longer it will take and the more I charge.

5. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Swing sets are a piece of cake compared to batting cages.

6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I hate the big trampolines.
  7. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

For that matter any prop with kids is a pain...I like the
    work-a-holic empty nester. No toys, swing sets, happy meal toys, cheap kiddie pools, bikes, scooters. Don't get me wrong, I like children but I bid higher if I see any evidence of kids.
  8. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup. Can't get under them very easily, can't push/pull them without ripping up the ground, and they're way too big to stand on end.
  9. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

I've got one account that has a swing set in the backyard yet they don't have kids,nor do any kids come over to use it. It takes me about an extra 5 minutes to mow and trim, and blow it off with my back blower.
  10. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I hate batting cages. Pain try and cut around, or in, as well as trim.